Wednesday, February 26, 2014

5 Desktop Principles

Blog Post - Name 5 desktop principles, elements or vocabulary terms that you have used in creating the can label and/or the special event ticket and EXPLAIN how you used them.

In my can label, one desktop principle I used was a watermark. I used a picture of two girls sliding down a water slide, and formatted it so that it was a watermark. I did this because it provided a fun background without drawing attention from the important information. The second desktop principle I used in my can label was shadow effect. I used this principle in the questions/comments box because it added a cool effect and drew the readers eye to the contact information. The third desktop principle I used in my can label was reverse text. I used this principle in the box advertising the product to make it stand out. I used a blue background with white text because the rest of my label contains white backgrounds with blue text, so I wanted to change things up a little. The fourth desktop principle I used was rotated item. I used this principle in my concert ticket when adding the bar code. I had to rotate it in order to correctly fit onto the ticket sideways. The last desktop principle I used in my concert ticket was whitespace. I used this in several locations throughout my ticket in order for it to look less crowded and everything look more evenly spaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment