Friday, February 7, 2014

Super Bowl Commercials Blog Entry

Blog Entry - Which super bowl commercial was your favorite and why?  Which was your least favorite and why?


My favorite super bowl commercial was the one by Microsoft called "Empowering". It was my favorite commercial because it really made some good points about why technology was so important and helpful to the world today. It also made me a little emotional because it showed a little boy with no legs getting to walk again because of technology. It also showed a soldier video chatting and getting to see his son born, as well as a deaf woman getting her hearing back. All of these examples made a really good point to the overall message of the commercial which is that technology helps a lot of people and really impacts the world today in a very positive way. 

My least favorite super bowl commercial was the "Wings" commercial by Volkswagen. I thought this commercial was terrible because it made absolutely no sense. A man tell his daughter that every time a Volkswagen hits 100,000 miles, a German scientist gets his wings. First of all, that makes no sense and is extremely stupid. Than throughout the rest of the commercial, it shows scientists randomly growing wings. I think this commercial was bad because it not only confused me, but I didn't find it funny or amusing at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment